2011 Cobras International Cup
Dates: November 4-6, 2011
Divisions: Boys U6, U8, U10, U11, U12, U14, U16, U18
Girls U6, U8, U10, U11, U12, U14, U16, U18
Gold, Silver, and Bronze brackets if available
(U7, U9, U13, U15 brackets if available)
Application Deadline: Has be extended to October 14th, 2011
Eligible Teams: Competitive, tournament, all star, and recreational
$185.00 U6 (4 v 4 no goalkeeper)
$295.00 U7 – U8 (7 v 7)
$340.00 U9 – U12 (8 v 8)
$430.00 U12 and above (11 v 11)
Roster Size: U6 (8), U7 – U8 (12), U9 – U12 (14), U12 and above (18).
Guest players: 5 max.
Division Prelim & Qtr-F* Semi Finals Finals Overtime** Ball Size
U-6 8 min Qrtrs --------------- --------------- ------------- 3
U7-U8 20 Minutes 20 Minutes 20 Minutes 5 Minutes 4
U9-U12 25 Minutes 25 Minutes 25 Minutes 5 Minutes 4
U12-U16 30 Minutes 30 Minutes 30 Minutes 5 Minutes 5
Fields: Westside Sports Complex
Sanctioning Body: US Club Soccer Sanctioned Document Click here
Tournament Awards: Participation medals will be given to all players in U6 thru U8 categories.
Medals will be given to first, second and third place teams U8 and above. Trophies will be awarded to all first and second place teams in categories U6 and above (one trophy per team).
Format: FIFA Rules, 3 point scoring system, 3 games guaranteed. One point will be deducted for each red card issued to either a player or coach. Under no circumstances will a red-carded player or coach be allowed to participate in the following game. Coaches will be held responsible for the conduct of their team’s player, parents, and supporters. Misconduct on the part of any team will be reported to the home state and club associations. No appeals or protests will be accepted.
The following documentation is required for entry into the tournament:
- State Approved Team Roster
- Laminated 2010/2011 USYSA, SAY, US Club, AYSO or appropriate National Association Passes ***NO PLAYER CARD = NO PLAY***
- Proof of Birth (birth certificates, passports, or other official documents)
- Travel Papers obtained and signed by your State or National Association
- Medical Release Forms signed for all players
- Loan Player forms for each guest player
- Each team must provide a game ball
No application will be accepted without full payment. A roster must be included with the application. Withdrawal after acceptance forfeits entire fee.
Saturday October 29th, 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm local teams
Thursday November 3rd, 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm local and out of town teams
Friday November 4th, 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm OUT OF TOWN TEAMS
Check-In Location: TBA
Tournament Address / Information
5th Annual Cobras International Cup
Teresa Sosa – Tournament Director
6301 Monarch Dr.
El Paso, TX. 79912
Phone: (915) 346-6765
2011 Cobras International Cup Tournament Rules
1. Categories: This is an unrestricted tournament that is open to ALL Federation affiliated participants with youth non-competitive and competitive teams (boys and girls)
2. Application Fee: Each team planning to attend the tournament must submit $185.00 (U6), $295.00 (U7 – U8), $340.00 (U9-U12 8v8), $430.00 (U12 and above) Applications must be submitted by October 8th, 2011. There will be no refunds.
3. Laws of the game: All matches will be played in accordance with FIFA Laws of the Game, except for what has been modified in this rules sheet.
4. Registration and Team Eligibility: Each team will consist of players that are registered in USSF, FIFA or an affiliate league for the 2010-2011 seasons.
5. Roster Size: The roster for U7 – U8 will be 12 players, U9 – U12 will be 14 players (INCLUDING guest players), U6 will be 8 players (INCLUDING guest players), U12 and above will be 18 players (INCLUDING guest players) Teams will be allowed five guest players. U6 will play 4 v 4 (no goalkeeper), U7 – U8 will play 7 v 7, U9 - U12 will play 8 v 8, U12 and up 11v11.
6. Substitutions: substitutions are allowed with Referee’s approval at the following times: your throw-in, any goal kick, injury, after a goal, at half time, as a substitute for a yellow-carded player.
7. Bracket Allocations, Game Schedules and Score Reporting: The tournament format will be determined upon the number of participating teams for each age group (three-game guarantee). Referees will be responsible
8. Bracket Standings: Bracket standings will be determined by the following point system and in the event of a tie, bracket winner and runner-ups will be determined as follows:
3 points for a win A. Head to head during bracket play
1 points for a tie B. Goal differential (no maximum goals)
0 points for a loss C. Goals against
D. Winner will be determined by FIFA penalty
9. Game Lengths: Preliminary games will be shortened by five minutes each half and will not have overtime. Bracket games will be shortened by five minutes each half and will have overtime if needed. Finals will be full length with overtime if needed.
U6 Four 8 minute quarters 5 minute half-time
U7 – U8 Two 20 minute halves 5 minute half-time
U9 - U12 Two 25 minute halves 5 minute half-time
U12 – U16 Two 30 minute halves 5 minute half-time
10. In the event to a tie in a championship game: A winner will be determined by playing a 5 minute overtime. If the teams are tied following the end of that overtime, another 5 minute overtime will be played the same way. If the match is still tied after that overtime period, then “kicks from the penalty mark as outlined in the FIFA Laws of the Game (page 52, English version) will be used to determine the Champion”.
11. Should a youth player or coach receive a RED card: he/she will be ejected form the game and will not be allowed to participate in the next scheduled game. Coaches who receive a red card may be located on the spectators’ side of the field but may not coach or communicate with the team in any manner; players may sit with the team but may not be in uniform. One point will be subtracted from the team’s points for each red card they receive. The player pass will be held at tournament headquarters until the player is eligible to play again. There is a zero-tolerance policy for referee abuse or assault from players, coaches and parents. Individuals who violate this rule will be removed from the tournament venues.
12. Forfeits: The scheduled game time is forfeit time. Referees will declare all forfeits. The minimum number of players required to field a team for U6 is three, U8 & U10 is six, U11 and above, seven. A game that is forfeited will be scored 3-0 and will count towards the three game guarantee. Depending on the tournament format of that age group a team may advance if they have enough points.
13. Coach’s Responsibilities: Coaches are responsible for their team preparation, being on the correct field at the scheduled time, their own substitutions, and for the conduct of their players, bench, friends and spectators at all times.
14. Home team: Home team will be listed first on the schedule and will take the north or west side of the field.
15. Jersey color conflict, player credentials, uniforms:
A. Home team is responsible to change on request of the referee
B. Player picture identification cards are to be present and available before each game
C. The shirt number of each player must be the same as the player’s shirt number on the daily match report or
roster. If the numbers are not the same, the referee is not to allow the player to take part in the match until
the numbers are the same.
16. Player Equipment: Shin guards are required for all players (NO EXCEPTIONS). No hard casts are allowed. Soft casts are allowed with the permission of the Tournament.
17. Game Ball: Each team must provide a FIFA approved game ball.
18. Awards: Custom medals for 1st through 3rd place for U8 and above. First-place and second place teams will receive a team trophy. All U6 and U8 players will receive participation medals.
19. Protests and Disputes: Decisions by field officials (Referee) are FINAL.
20. No player shall play with more than one team during the tournament: If so, this player will be removed from the tournament and all games played by both teams will be forfeited. ***IF Tournament Director and Team Coach have come to an agreement, this rule may be modified at the Tournament Director’s discretion.